Path Planning with MoveIt
Moveit includes popular motion planning algorithms assisting robots to accomplish complex tasks. To take advantages of it, we made Moveit packages for Indy7 named indy7_moveit_config For example, the Indy7 Moveit package can be launched as below.
$ roslaunch indy7_moveit_config moveit_planning_execution.launch \ robot_ip:=192.168.0.103 robot_name:=NRMK-Indy7
- The value of robot_ip is the IP address of the STEP-PC.
- The value of robot_name is the dedicated name of Indy.
You will see the Rviz with Moveit plugin displaying an Indy7 as below.
Then, you may try Moveit planner with arbitrary Start and Goal states. After having a planned trajectory, click Execute button and you will see the Indy robot following the trajectory like below.
Pick and Place Demo with MoveIt
Package Download & Build
the package can be downloaded and built as same as indy-ros package.
$ cd ~/catkin_ws/src && git clone https://github.com/neuromeka-robotics/indy-ros-examples
$ cd ~/catkin_ws && catkin_make && source devel/setup.bash
1 2 3 4
├── indy-ros-examples ├── indy7_robotiq_description ├── indy7_robotiq_moveit_config └── indy7_robotiq_moveit_interface
- indy7_robotiq_description : Model file for visualizing Indy7 with end effector Robotiq hand attached.
- indy7_robotiq_moveit_config : Configurations and launch files for PnP task with Indy7 + Robotiq Hand.
- indy7_robotiq_moveit_interface : C++ interface, describing details of PnP task.
$ roslaunch indy7_robotiq_moveit_config demo.launch
The command above visualizes Indy7/Robotiq Hand on RViz, as the picture below.
While RViz is running, launch another shell. and input command below.
$ rosrun indy7_robotiq_moveit_interface pick_place_tutorial
On RViz, table and cubes are spawned. then Indy7 begins PnP task.